AuditionRoom is made up of Lobbies and Rooms which mirror the in-person experience virtually. Lobbies correspond with audition days and hold the Rooms where all the individual Sessions take place. Lobbies allows auditionees to review information about your organization, connect with ambassadors, organize for their audition, and join a Lobby Meeting.
Rooms are where auditions, interviews, placement tests, etc will take place. Each Room is associated with a different Zoom Meeting and includes a set of adjudicators.
Your job is to oversee the Zoom room and schedule for your Session.
The day of the audition, login to Acceptd, navigate to AuditionRoom in the left-hand menu, and click Join Room in the bottom right corner of the session that you are leading.
AuditionRoom will open in a new tab and you’ll be presented with the schedule for the day. It’s up to you to get everything ready before auditions or interviews begin. To start, scroll to the bottom of the schedule.
- Step 1 - Join Video: Click Join Video to launch the Zoom Meeting. This will allow the other adjudicators to join the meeting as they enter AuditionRoom.
- IMPORTANT: You will need to admit your fellow adjudicators into the meeting via the Zoom waiting room functionality.
- We highly recommend assigning co-host(s) for the meeting to help manage the waiting room and keep Zoom open IF you get disconnected.
- Step 2 - Open Waiting Room: When you are ready to begin letting applicants into the waiting room, click Open Waiting Room. This will let your first applicant join the waiting room in Zoom when they are ready.
- Step 3 - Start Auditions: When it’s time to see your first auditionee, you can click Start Auditions which will begin the Remaining Time countdown and activate the first auditionee in your list.
IMPORTANT! You must also admit the first auditionee from the Zoom Waiting Room when it’s time for their audition.