In December 2015, the United States Federal Trade Commission updated their CAN SPAM Act (2003) and these new changes increased the enforcement of SPAM laws. Therefore we recommend following these guidelines to maximize your recruitment efforts AND protect all of our users.
- Apply filters prior to messaging.
- “Date of Birth” and “Area of Interest” should always be applied.
- Narrow down further using the additional “Area of Interest” filters [i.e. Music, Theatre, Dance].
- Use “Last Login” to reach the most active artists in the system.
- Recruit on a regular basis [new artists are added to our database every day!].
- Use the “Last Contacted” column to see the last time someone from your organization contacted the artist.
- Use the Tags feature to keep notes about certain artists.
- Use our messaging template fields to populate the applicant’s first name or your landing page link.
- Mention the profile content that caught your attention.
- Don’t cut and paste content from your public page.
- Ask about their education and/or career goals.
- Ask a question [will give applicants more incentive to respond].
- Include your location in the message.
- Include your phone information and/or website hyperlink in the message so they know who to call and/or where to visit for more information.
- Be brief and to the point [if you share too much, they may not feel the need to reply].
- Express interest in helping the recipient reach their goals, rather than your needs.
- Focus on exploring their availability and interest.
- Focus on using the message as a conversation starter.
- Use a conversational tone.
- Write in your personal voice.
SUGGESTION OF FILTERS TO HELP CREATE CONVERSATIONS
- Students from your alma mater high school.
- Residents from your hometown.
- Users in a location you’re visiting for recruitment soon.
- Artists that have media uploaded.
- Users who have logged in recently.
DOWNLOAD PDF OF TIPS AND SAMPLE MESSAGES BELOW